Posting Number: S004592
Full Time/Part Time: Full-time
Department: Human Resources:H0182
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for processing payroll tax payments, corrections, and reconciliations for the University of Houston (UH) and University of Houston System (UHS). Ensures compliance, registration, and filing with federal, state, and local agencies.
1. Oversees the preparation and filing of 941 tax payments and all out-of-state tax payments ensuring their timely and accurate entry into the human resource management system.
2. Review, prepare, and analyze reports, 941 Federal Quarterlies and Out of State Quartiles; including managing out of state accounts (application, setup, and monitoring changes) corrections, deductions, and overpayments.
3. Process all manual check request to include correct calculations of earnings, deductions, and taxes.
4. Responsible for processing all payroll check adjustments, voids, reissues, overpayments, death benefit payouts, and other irregular payroll transactions.
5. Ensures filing of all out of state tax payments; produces monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
6. Responsible for ensuring university payroll tax processes are in line with federal, state, and local regulations.
7. Manages the out-of-state setup, including PeopleSoft, submits applications to states to create and close accounts for federal tax reporting.
8. Monitors all Foreign National FICA refunds and work with the Tax Office to ensure tax compliance.
9. Research and reconcile payroll tax errors for correction, prepare and review indirect tax filings.
10. Responsible for processing and auditing tax balance adjustments.
11. Interprets and comply with state, local, and international statutes, regulations and legislation.
12. Participate in end-of year processing, which includes reconciling and correcting payroll historical data, and analyzing and generating W-2 corrections.
13. Provide guidance based on research of transactions tax law and regulations to component campuses and university departments.
14. Test all tax related updates, and audits date to ensure compliance with all tax related items.
15. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires a 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Information:
The University of Houston is a Tobacco free campus.