Norges Bank Real Estate Management is organised as a separate division within Norges Bank Investment Management and is managing the fund's unlisted real estate portfolio.
Norges Bank Real Estate Management is seeking a dedicated and results oriented professional for the position as Tax Advisor within Legal & Tax team in the Operations area. The Legal & Tax team is responsible for developing tax policy, providing legal and tax advice relating to management strategy, investment processes, investment structuring and investment operations. The team is also responsible for oversight and management of external advisors that provide tax compliance and tax administration services to over 100 real estate investment subsidiaries in a number of jurisdictions.
You will be a key part of the Legal & Tax team and contribute to all areas of tax work including responsibility for coordinating UK and US tax compliance, supporting the operations teams with direct and indirect tax filings and tax compliance for the real estate holding structures. You will also contribute towards strategic tax-related initiatives and projects. You will have the opportunity to be a part of a growing organisation and influence the development of your area.
The position is located in London and will report to the Group Tax Manager. Some travel will be required.
- Support the Group Tax Manager of the tax function with all areas of work and day-to-day interaction with investment and operations teams
- Contribute to real estate investment process and management of investments from a tax standpoint including restructurings and capital investment projects
- Co-ordinate the annual tax compliance programme and tax payments for US and UK investments and NBREM's operating subsidiaries in UK, Singapore and Japan, ensuring consistency, transparency and accuracy
- Enhance and review the relationship with our global tax compliance service provider
- Deal with audits and enquiries received from tax authorities
- Assess the impact of legislative and other changes
- University degree with strong academic record
- A professional qualification (in tax, accounting or law) is required
- Professional experience within either an in-house tax function or a reputable tax advisory firm
- Experience working for a real estate investment business will be considered an advantage but is not a requirement
- Structured and accurate with ability to deliver high quality work under time pressure
- High level of integrity
- Ambition to excel
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with strong proficiency in written and spoken English
Norges Bank Real Estate Management can offer a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world's largest funds. Norges Bank Real Estate Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Norges Bank Real Estate Management is is committed to ensure Equal Opportunities for all employees.
The salary offer is competitive.
Contact details: Questions regarding the position may be directed to Robert Peel (tel.: + 44 20 3873 9314) or Vy Mai, HR Advisor tel.: (+47 +47 2396 4082). Please register an online application via the career portal on www.nbim.no.
Opening date for application is 10 February 2017.
Deadline for application is 10 March 2017.