Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing one or more national or local accounts, including providing timely, consistent, and accurate flow of information required to operate the portfolio in order to meet the client's and company objectives. Act as a point of contact for integrating service platform for the client, as well as ensuring that accounting practices are sound and consistently applied. Provide the general and financial information required for other members of the management team to make informed decisions and to carry out their operating responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide leadership for markets which are geographically or functionally distinct and demonstrate ability to implement business unit strategy
* Develop and maintain both a communication style and relationship that fits the client's preferred style
* Demonstrate proactive customer service regarding all aspects of account management.
* Communicate proactively, first when performance is not meeting expectations, and second when performance meets or exceeds expectations
* Regularly associate with tenants to insure their reasonable satisfaction with building operations. Interact with tenants along with Property Manager on problems that may occur
* Coordinate and/or prepare reports, annual budgets, and other documents for clients in accordance with management and other agreements, and in accordance with instruction received from the client. Preparation responsibility relates primarily to financial information and adherence to leasing guidelines. Review information and variances with Property Management Team
* Participate in the preparation of annual budgets and any revisions thereto and also oversee operating compliances with budget approved by clients
* Ensure completion of property tax administration and supervise services rendered by property tax consultant
* Ensure administration of property and liability insurance requirement
* Ensure compliance with the purchase order system, contracts, policies and procedures, and accounting requirements established by clients
* Oversee the billing process, including payment of invoices and disbursement of funds. Monitor cash flow and/or cash requirements in conjunction with the Property Manager to assure efficient use of cash
* Assist the Client/Asset Manager and Property Manager in determining proper cost allocations, identification of any re-billable cost, proper accounting for inventories, purchasing procedures, and any special accounting problems
* Responsible for maintaining desired internal financial benchmarks for each asset with the portfolio as defined by the Director and Asset Manager. This includes occupancy levels, income levels, delinquency percentage, IRR and cash flow
* Monitor cash flow and/or cash requirements in conjunction with the Property Manager to assure efficient use of cash
* Coordinate construction projects with Construction Manager and Property Manager and approve construction contract documents and final invoices.
* Effectively staff and develop bench strength and succession planning - positioning for new business
* Regularly inspect properties with staff
* Conduct annual performance evaluations and career path discussions. Oversee and ensure that all property management and maintenance staff receive an annual performance evaluation.
* Analyze and make recommendations regarding property staffing needs, personnel performance issues, salary administration, personnel promotions and training and career development
1. Business and Financial Acumen
2. Leadership Skills
3. Communication Proficiency (oral/written)
4. Customer/Client Focus (internal/external)
5. Time Management Skills
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or related discipline
* 8+ years of real estate property management or related experience
* 5+ years of supervisory experience
* CPM and/or RPA comparable experience in a senior leadership role
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
* Real Estate License
* Industry designations and is an active participant/leader in external charitable and local and national industry related organizations
* Ability to monitor and anticipate trends and changes within the industry
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
* Demonstrate initiative through taking on additional assignments and responsibilities
* Demonstrate advanced problem solving and deal with a variety of options in complex solutions. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to travel from floor to floor, climb stairs, and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for 85% of the time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery and regularly required to walk, talk, and hear.
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, C&W takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email [email protected]. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email [email protected]
or [email protected]
All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.